Search engine optimization is the most effective way to drive traffic to your website. By maximizing the benefits that search engine optimization bring, you will be able to yield lots of earnings for your business. However, due to the complex process of bringing a website to high rankings for various search terms, a professional search engine optimization service by an agency is not cheap.
However, you are still able to use the Internet to look for effective search engine optimization practices to apply to your website. Let us discuss what some of these practices are:
1. Conduct link exchanges. By establishing link exchanges with other websites, you will be able to increase your website popularity which is essential to rank high organically. Some of these link exchanges are free as you can contact the owner of the website directly and ask for an exchange.
2. Write and submit articles to article directories. This is a very effective way to get back links for your website. Remember to include a link back to your website for every article that you write. For the anchor text of your URL, remember to include keywords that you intend to optimize. Once your articles are submitted to the directories, they may get picked up by other website owners and get republish on their websites. If you write consistently, you will see a major increased in the number of back links to your site.
3. Register a keyword-optimized domain name. If you run a website which sell golf equipments and wish to optimize golf related keywords, it is advisable for you to include at least the word “golf” in your domain name. This will make your domain name seems more relevant to search engines when someone enters a golf related search term. By being more relevant, you your site will be able to rank higher.
4. Keep your website architecture simple. By keeping your website architecture simple, you allow your visitors to navigate easily from pages to pages. At the same time, your website is more search engine friendly which helps search engine spiders to index your site more easily.
5. Social bookmark your site. Platform such as Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and Squidoo are great places for you to get quality back links. However, do not ever think of spamming them as you are just inviting them to blacklist your website.
These are just some of the effective search engine optimization practices that you can adopt for your website. Try these out and see how your website performs now.